All reasonable attempts have been made to provide accurate and recent information, but it is not necessarily comprehensive, and information is of a general nature only which is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual.
Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for the sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement. We are not responsible for, do not endorse or approve and accept no liability in respect of, any information or opinion contained on any third party site (including, without limitation, any liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any third party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity.)
We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information.
We have taken reasonable care in compiling this web site, we are not responsible for any action taken by any person or organisation, wherever they are based, as a result, direct or otherwise, or information contained in or accessed through this web site.
We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about any content of any other web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this web site (‘third party site’).
Transparency and Honesty
The purpose of this site is to provide information about Growing Points, its aims and objectives and activities.
To be added.
No personal data about an individual using this site will be obtained without their permission. Where any personal information is shown, for example, names and addresses, it is displayed only with prior consent. Name and (optionally) email address are stored on this site with the written consent of Growing Points and its trustees. No other personal data is held on this site.
Basic information about Growing Points is unlikely to change very often and therefore pages will not display a last-modified date. However, modern browsers can provide this information via the ‘Properties’ or ‘Page Info’ tabs. Details represent the latest information received from trustees, and in some cases may have changed.
Contact telephone numbers and email addresses are available from the ‘contact’ page. Users are encouraged to use the contact information to point out any errors or inconsistencies on this web site.
Guidelines on Quality Criteria for Health Related Websites
Transparency and Honesty
* Transparency of provider of site – name, physical address and electronic address of the person or organisation responsible for the site.
* Transparency of purpose and objective of the site.
* Target audience clearly defined (further detail on purpose, multiple audience could be defined at different levels).
* Transparency of sources of funding for site (grants, sponsors, advertisers, non-profit, voluntary assistance).
* Clear statement of sources for all information provided and date of publication of source.
* Name and credentials of all human/institutional providers of information put up on the site, including dates at which credentials were received.
Privacy and data protection policy and system for the processing of personal data, including processing invisible to users, to be clearly defined in accordance with community Data Protection legislation (Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC)..
Clear and regular updating of the site, with up-date date clearly displayed for each page and/or item as relevant.
*Accountability – user feedback, and appropriate oversight responsibility.
* Responsible partnering – all efforts should be made to ensure that partnering or linking to other websites is undertaken only with trustworthy individuals and organisations who themselves comply with relevant codes of good practice.
* Editorial policy – clear statement describing what procedure is used for selection of content.
Accessibility – attention to guidelines on physical accessibility as well as general findability, searchability, readability, usability, etc.
– every effort should be made to ensure the content of the website is accessible to people with disabilities, including sensory impairments and learning difficulties.